|Registration Fee||$250 per student to be paid at the time of registration
Early Bird Registration Fee: $150 per student if paid by March 31st, 2017
|Resource Fee||$150 per student (Pre-K to 8th) to be paid upon receiving the Preconfirmation Letter.
$200 per student (High school) to be paid upon receiving the Preconfirmation Letter.
Resource Fee includes online assessments and subscriptions, classroom resource books and equipment, science supplies, and math manipulatives.
- Textbooks: To be announced
- Supplies: To be announced
- Field Studies: To be announced during the school year
Based on academic performance, the following Special Classes may be assigned to your child:
- English Language Learner support
- Intervention Reading
- Intervention Math
Fee: $100 per semester per course
Al-Falah is committed to differentiated learning to meet every student’s needs, so if we identify that a student needs remediation in math or reading, we place that student accordingly.
These Special Classes require the services of an extra teacher, classroom, and resources. This fee does not reflect the total cost of this extra service, but it does help us meet the additional cost so we can continue to offer these important programs.
If your child is identified for Intervention, using the most recent MAP test results as well as classroom performance as a guide, you will be notified of your child’s placement and the fee that is due. This placement is not optional—the child would be placed if the MAP test results and teacher recommendations confirm that your child is in the bottom third percentile of grade-level performance in Reading and/or Math.
High School Chromebooks
All Al-Falah high school students are required to purchase a Chromebook, plus the padded carrying case and headphones, through Al-Falah Academy. Al-Falah makes this bulk purchase at a discount, then configures each Chromebook with the required management software. Recommendations for the minimum required configurations for the Chromebook will be announced during the Summer prior to the opening day of school. To give you an idea of the range of the cost, in previous years, the Chromebook was purchased for approximately $250, with accessories.
High School Elective Online Courses
In order to meet our students’ interests within the state high school requirements, we offer a variety of high school electives in school and online via Georgia Virtual School and other online course providers. If students and parents choose an online course for one or both semesters, the parents will be responsible for the cost of tuition. Course grades will be logged onto our Jupiter Grades gradebook, credit will be received for courses taken during school hours, and the Al-Falah high school transcript will reflect such coursework. This is an optional offer, subject to availability.
Annual Tuition: $6,000 for Pre-K through 8th Grade students and $6,250
for High School students after a $2000 school voucher.
Families with two or more students receive a discount off the total
tuition according to the table below.
|2 Students||3 Students||4 Students||5 Students||6 Students|
Tuition may be paid in 1 installment, 2 installments, over a 10 months’ period (starting in August) or over a 12 months’ period (starting in June).
Late payments will incur a $50 fee if received later than the 1st of the month.
Payment may be made using either a credit card or electronic check. Payment information must be provided to school and will be drawn automatically on the first of the month when it is due.
If tuition is paid by credit card, your card will be charged processing fees up to 3%.
Credit card fees will be waived when the tuition is paid in one installment by credit card.
A discount of 2.5% off the full tuition amount will be given if the tuition is paid in one installment by check. This discount does not apply to financial aid or otherwise discounted tuition.
Refund and Withdrawal policy
Registration fees are non-refundable, except in the following cases, in which 50% of the Registration Fee will be returned.
- In the case of denied admission due to class capacity limit
- In the case of denied admission due to failure to meet academic or behavioral criteria, as evidenced in the previous school transcript or placement test results
- In the case of parent rejection of the financial aid decision
- In the case in which one or more siblings is denied admission, resulting in commuting hardship
- In the case of being on the Waitlist after the 5th day of school
Resource fees are non-refundable.
The parent/guardian is responsible for the timely payment of the fees for the full school year from the time their child officially starts school at Al-Falah Academy.
A student’s start date for attendance is considered:
- August 1, in the case that the child was enrolled before the first official day of school, OR
- from that child’s first day of attendance, in the case that the child was enrolled after the first official day of school.
If parents decide to Withdraw their child from the school, the parents must notify the school officially by means of the AFA Withdrawal Form. The completed Withdrawal Form will initiate the additional 3 months’ tuition charge that the parents must pay for the remaining months of the year. If 3 months do not remain in the school year (for example, withdrawal in May), then the family is liable for payments through the end of the year.
- If the parents have paid the tuition in full at the start of the school year, they will receive a refund for all but 3 of the remaining months of the school year (through May).
- If the parents are paying tuition monthly, either on the 10-month plan or the 12-month plan, they will be required to pay 3 additional months of the tuition for the remaining months of the school year (through May).
- If payments are made by credit card authorization, Al-Falah Academy reserves the right to continue to charge their credit card on the first day of each month for the full monthly fee until the 3 additional months’ amount has been reached.
- If payments are made by check or e-check, Al-Falah Academy reserves the right to continue to deposit the monthly checks on the first day of each month until the 3 additional months’ amount has been reached.
Tuition is not prorated for the calendar month. If paid monthly, the full month’s tuition is due on the first day of each calendar month. Likewise, withdrawal is not prorated for the calendar month. Three additional months of tuition is counted for any portion of the remaining months of the school year, through May.
Failure to pay the additional Withdrawal fee will result in the withholding of student records. Al-Falah Academy reserves the right to initiate any legal action including reporting to credit reporting agencies.
Bulk Book Fees:
Bulk Book Fees are not refundable.
Parent Mandatory Service Hours Fee:
Per the signed Agreement at the time of admission, parents are responsible for the Mandatory Service Hours, prorated to their time of attendance.